Names and Photos of Famous Alumni
1. Ngugi wa Thiong'o - Reknowned author and critic
2. Jasper Rugut - Central Provincial Commissioner
3. Paul Olando - Former Provincial Commissioner and Administrative secretary at the Ministry of Environment
5. The Late Wahome Mutahi - Thespian, Writer and Columnist
6. Tom Mshindi - Chief Operating OfficeNation Newspapers at Nation Media Group and former member of the University's Council -
7. Wangethi Mwangi -Former Editorial Director, Nation Newspapers
9. Dr. Eddah Gachukia - Educationist and Academician
10. Dr. Henry Chakava - Chairman, East African Educational Publishers
11. Prof. Wanjiku Mukabi Kabira - Currently the Chairperson of the Department ot Literature.
12. Dr. Fred Okengo Matiangi - He's Currently the Cabinet Secretary to the Ministry of Information Communication and Technology: http://www.information.go.ke/ and formerly Chief of Party, Parliamentary Strengthening Project, Kenya: (Centre for International Development/Sunny CID) -
13. Dr. Arthur Mudogo Kemoli (The Late) Music Composer
14. Prof. Francis Davis Imbuga (The Late) www.ku.ac.ke/schools/humanities/images/.../Francis_Davis_Imbuga.pdf
15. Mr. Francis T. Kimemia is the Permanent Secretary (PS), Secretary to the Cabinet and Head of the Public Service.
16. Jimmi Makotsi - Publisher and Creative Writer
17. Prof. Oluoch Obura - http://www.ku.ac.ke/schools/humanities/index.php/faculty/staff-profiles/...
18. Eric Kiraithe - Former Kenya Police Spokesman and now head of security at the Kenya Airports Authority
19. Mathew Adams Karauri - Former Tigania MP and Assistant Minister
20. Prof. David Rubadiri from Malawi, Former Vice-Chancellor and Ambassador from Malawi. A well known East African Poet
21. Prof. Taban Lolyong - University of Juba, Southern Sudan. A prolific writer and critic
22. Okot P'Bitek - Famous African Poet, Critic and Philosopher from Uganda. The Author of Song of Lawino, Artist the Ruler and many others.
23. Gacheche Waruinge- Managing Director, Phoenix Publishers and a critic.
24. Kimani Gecau was the chairperson of the Department between 1980 - 1982
He is currently teaching Media and Communication studies at the University of Zimbabwe.